Note- We may earn commisions from affiliate links on certain pages at no extra cost to you. Read Disclosure & Your Privacy Rights
Are you looking to acquire a pair of the best Speedo swimming goggles currently available? Well, in that case, you have come to the right place, because in today’s article we will be taking a look at the 8 best Speedo goggles for swimmers of all levels.
Speedo is currently one of the biggest swim brands out there. They offer a wide array of swim gear ranging from tech suits to swim bags and anything else you can imagine. Additionally, their swimming goggles are some of the best and most popular on the market.
Swimming goggles are important for a number of reasons- they allow us to train with clear vision and ensure that we time our turns and push-offs perfectly. They protect our eyes from harmful pool chemicals such as chlorine and they assist us to keep an eye on our competitors in races to maximize our chances of winning gold.
Here are the best speedo swimming goggles-
- Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 swim goggles
- Speedo Fastskin Pure Focus goggle
- Speedo Fastskin3 Elite goggles
- Speedo Speed Socket 2.0 swimming goggles
- Speedo Hydrospex classic swim goggles
- Speedo MDR 2.4 swimming goggles
- Speedo Swedish Goggles
- Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim goggles
Best Speedo Swimming Goggles
1. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0
The Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 swimming goggle is one of the most popular pairs of Speedo goggles currently available. These goggles are moving boundaries in terms of their in-water performance and specifications.
The Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 swimming goggle offers a comfortable low profile design and the lens ensures for a wide field of vision in the water. The goggles also have a durable silicone head strap that can be adjusted for a personalized and comfortable fit.
Overall, the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 swimming goggles are a really solid pair of swim goggles with some nice features. These goggles are at the top of our list because they are great for both racing and training and come in at an affordable price.
Here are some features of the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 swimming goggle-
- Low profile design ensures reduced drag in the water.
- The Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 lens provides a wide field of vision while swimming.
- An adjustable double silicone head strap provides a comfortable and secure fit.
- Soft silicone eye seals ensure a leak-free and comfortable goggle design.
- Lens provides UV protection and an anti-fog coating for clear vision.
2. Speedo Fastskin Pure Focus goggle
The Speedo Fastskin Pure Focus is one of Speedo’s latest goggles released. It is a highly innovative and mean looking goggle engineered in collaboration with some of the best swimmers around the globe.
The Speedo Pure Focus swimming goggle is very durable and features a low-profile anti-drag design. Its hydroscopic lens ensures a wide field of vision in the water and its special head strap and goggle seals provide maximum comfort and a secure fit while swimming. Additionally, these goggles have a high-quality and lasting anti-fog coating on the lenses.
All in all, the Speedo Pure Focus swim goggles are a high-tech piece of swimming equipment built for fast swimming. These goggles are dominantly built for racing, but their comfortable nature makes them perfect for a training environment.
Here are some features of the Speedo Fastskin Pure Focus goggles-
- Advanced goggles with a low profile and anti-drag design.
- High quality and durable goggles with a polycarbonate frame and a silicone strap.
- Hydroscopic lens allows for wide peripheral vision while swimming.
- Adjustable IQ fit goggle strap ensures maximum comfort while wearing the Speedo Pure Focus goggles.
- IQ Fit goggle seal ensures a leak-proof and secure fit while reducing goggle marks around the eyes.
- Estimated 5% less drag when compared to the Speedo Fastskin 3 Elite goggles.
- Hybrid nose bridge design maximizes comfort and increases goggle durability.
3. Speedo Fastskin 3 Elite goggles
The Speedo Fastskin 3 Elite goggles are easily one of Speedo’s most popular pairs of swimming goggles ever created. They were released before the new Pure Focus goggles, making them slightly older. Nonetheless, they still offer some excellent features.
The Speedo Fastskin 3 Elite goggles offer a highly advanced and hydrodynamic goggle design aimed at reducing drag in the water. The goggle features 3D TPR gaskets to ensure a comfortable and secure fit. Additionally, The hydroscopic lens allows for an excellent field of vision while swimming.
Overall, the Speedo Fastskin 3 Elite goggles are still one of Speedo’s most advanced pairs of swimming goggles. The design is also aimed at racing, but since the goggle is so comfortable you can consider using it for practice as well.
Here are some features of the Speedo Fastskin 3 Elite goggles-
- Advanced design creates an enhanced hydrodynamic goggle silhouette
- The Speedo Fastskin 3 utilizes an adjustable one-piece goggle strap to minimize drag in the water.
- Innovative hygroscopic goggle lens increases the swimmer’s field of vision while swimming.
- Low profile and hydrodynamic goggle design to reduce drag.
- 3D TPR goggle seal fits perfectly with face contours to allow for a comfortable and secure goggle fit.
4. Speedo Speed Socket 2.0 swimming goggles
The Speedo Speed Socket 2.0 swim goggles are easily one of the neatest pairs of Speedo swim goggles available. These swimming goggles are perfect for any swimmer looking for an innovative and hybrid pair of goggles for both racing and training.
The hydrodynamic design of the Speedo Speed Socket 2.0 will allow for a reduction in drag while the double head strap allows for a comfortable and secure fit and the lenses for a wide and clear field of vision in the water.
All in all, this is a great pair of swimming goggles with some unique features built into the design. The goggle is comfortable and hydrodynamic, and will certainly make a good addition to your swim gear.
Here are some features of the Speedo Speed Socket 2.0 swim goggles-
- Innovative and hydrodynamic design for decreased resistance while swimming.
- Double head strap ensures a comfortable and secure fit.
- Lenses allow for enhanced peripheral and panoramic vision in the water.
- Hypo-allergenic comfort seals rest snugly and securely in the eye socket to ensure for a very comfortable and leak-proof swimming goggle.
- The anti-fog lens allows you to swim with clear and uninterrupted vision.
5. Speedo Hydrospex Classic Swim Goggle
The Speedo Hydrospex goggles’ multi-purpose design and universal gasket shape make them excellent for any swimming activity due to their comfortable and secure fit in the water. The soft and flexible frame and durable head strap will ensure a great swimming experience while the lenses will provide clear vision in the pool.
Overall, the Speedo Hydrospex classic swim goggles are basic, simple and loaded with good features. I recommend these goggles for training since they are very comfortable, but you could also use them for racing if you want to.
Here are some features of the Speedo Hydrospex Classic swimming goggle-
- The multi-purpose design makes the Speedo Hydrospex perfect for any swimming activity including training, racing, and open water swimming.
- The universal gasket shape ensures a comfortable and secure fit while swimming.
- The soft and flexible one-piece frame provides maximum comfort and reduced drag in the water.
- Adjustable soft and durable silicone head strap ensures a secure fit around your head.
- UV protection and anti-fog lens allow for uninterrupted swimming vision.
6. Speedo MDR 2.4 swimming goggles
The Speedo MDR 2.4 swim goggles are a durable and innovative pair of swimming goggles. These goggles are great for any swimming activity, although they do place a slight focus on open water swimming by providing clear vision for rough water conditions.
The Speedo MDR 2.4 features elastomeric technology allowing the goggle to fit securely and comfortably while swimming. The dual-density TPR frame also ensures for a very durable and lasting goggle while the clear sight technology offers a good field of vision in the water.
All in all, the Speedo MDR 2.4 swimming goggles are a great pair of swim goggles with some good features built-in and a great overall design.
Here are some features of the Speedo MDR 2.4 swim goggles-
- A comfortable and hydrodynamic design makes the Speedo MDR 2.4 perfect for open water swimming, training, and racing.
- Elastomeric technology allows the goggle to fit comfortably while reducing pressure around your eyes and minimizing goggle ring marks.
- Clearsight technology prevents eye fatigue while swimming and offers an extended peripheral vision in the water.
- Dual-density TPR frame provides a durable goggle design while comfortable silicone seals and straps ensure a secure fit.
7. Speedo Swedish Goggles
If you are looking to stand out in the pool, then I recommend the Speedo Swedish goggles. These are a classy and speedy pair of swim goggles that offer some good features. The Speedo Swedish goggles feature the very popular original malmsten design and allow for a highly custom goggle.
The goggle is very low profile and is perfect for racing. Some of my teammates also train in these goggles, but personally I don’t think it can be too comfortable. The goggles come in at a low price point and include 2 pairs for 1 order.
Overall, a good pair of swim goggles great for fast swimming.
Here are some features of the Speedo Swedish goggles-
- Extremely low profile and hydrodynamic goggle design.
- Self-assembly allows for a highly custom fit.
- Lense provides a wide field of vision and contains UV protection and Anti-fog coating.
- Low price point.
8. Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim goggles
The last pair of Speedo swimming goggles we will be taking a look at is the Speedo Vanquisher Optical goggle. These goggles are great for swimmers who have vision problems are would otherwise need to swim with contact lenses.
The Vanquisher Optical offers negative diopters ranging anywhere from -1.5 all the way to -8. Its polycarbonate lenses and silicone frame will also ensure a long-lasting and durable goggle. Further, it has most of the cool features that swimmers would want and expect like a hydrodynamic design, good field of vision, anti-fog and so on.
Overall, the Speedo Vanquisher Optical goggle is a great swimming goggle for swimmers who have problems reading the clock from a distance.
Here are some features of the Speedo Vanquisher Optical swim goggles-
- Negative diopters ranging from -1.5 to -8
- Hydrodynamic design reduces drag in the water
- Lens provides a wide field of vision and offers UV protection and anti-fog coating.
- Soft silicone eye seals ensure a leak-proof and comfortable swimming goggle.
- A double silicone strap ensures a comfortable and secure fit while swimming.
How to choose your Speedo swimming goggles: a few things to consider-
Before choosing your pair of Speedo swim goggles, I recommend taking some of the things listed below into consideration. This is going to assist you in choosing the best Speedo swimming goggle for your needs.
When deciding what the best Speedo goggle would be for you, it is a good idea to decide on the purpose of your swimming goggles and what you want to use them for. There are 2 main purposes of swimming goggles- you are either going to be using them for training or for racing.
If you are looking to pick up a Speedo goggle for racing, then you should consider a goggle with a low-profile and hydrodynamic design. The goggles should have good peripheral vision and should aim to cut down on drag as much as possible.
In terms of a training goggle, you are going to want to invest in a goggle with good comfort and a secure fit while swimming. Anti-fog may also be something to take into account since I find it quite annoying to train with foggy swim goggles.
The second aspect to take into consideration when choosing your Speedo goggles is the type of lens you prefer to use. There are primarily 3 types of goggle lenses, that is to say, mirrored lenses, clear lenses, and colored lenses.
Mirrored goggle lenses are preferred by swimmers who swim and race in outdoor pools. These lenses will reflect sunlight, ultimately preventing the light from getting in your eyes and distorting your vision while swimming.
Although mirrored lenses look cool, I don’t recommend them for indoor swimming pools since you could have a hard time seeing if the pool isn’t well lit.
This is where clear and light-colored goggle lenses take their place. These goggle lenses are an excellent choice for swimmers who primarily swim indoors. The lenses will allow you to see clearly while swimming and won’t tint out too much light.
To get the best of both worlds, I recommend going with dark-colored goggle lenses. These lenses are going to dim the sunlight when you are swimming in an outdoor pool, but they’ll still allow for decent vision when swimming indoors.
The last thing to consider when choosing your Speedo swim goggles is going to be the goggle fit. It is important to choose a swim goggle that will fit well within your eye socket to ensure maximum comfort and no leaking.
Luckily Speedo has designed almost all of their goggles to fit the general population, so you really don’t have much to worry about here.
When you receive your goggles I recommend giving them a quick test to ensure that they fit well. Don’t worry too much about comfort at first since you may need a bit of time to adjust to the design and feel of the goggles.
Speedo offers some great swimming goggles to ensure for some great swimming performances- both in training and in competition. Their goggles are all packed with great and unique features and will provide swimmers with a comfortable and leak-free training and racing environment.