Note- We may earn commisions from affiliate links on certain pages at no extra cost to you. Read Disclosure & Your Privacy Rights
Are you looking to invest in a high-quality tech suit without breaking the bank? Well, then you have come to the right place. In today’s article, we will be taking a look at some of the best budget tech suits for swimmers.
In the modern world of competitive swimming, the benefits of tech suits are well known. Just by taking a look at this recent study from the Journal of Sports Biomechanics the performance-enhancing effects of tech suits are evident.
The study suggests that fastskin tech suits can reduce drag up to 2%. Sure, this isn’t as much as some competitive swim gear manufacturers claim the suits can reduce, but it is still enough to result in a record-breaking, gold-winning, or nationals qualifying swim performance.
If we were to take a look at another study published by the Faculty of Sport Sciences at the University of Rouen in France. We will find evidence that tech suits can have the effect of improving glide and reducing drag while swimming. This creates optimal conditions for swimmers to exert higher stroke rates, ultimately allowing them to swim faster and improve performance in the water.
By looking at the research stated above, it is clear that swimming tech suits can have performance-enhancing effects in the pool. And what is better than gaining a competitive edge in the pool at an affordable price?
10 Best budget tech suits for every swimming event
Here is are the best budget tech suits for swimmers-
- Arena R-Evo One tech suit
- TYR Tracer B Series tech suit
- Jaked Jkeel tech suit
- Finis Fuse Tech Suit tech suit
- Jaked Jkatana tech suit
- Arena ST 2.0 tech
- Speedo PowerPlus Prime tech suit
- TYR Thresher Baja tech suit
- Jaked Jalpha tech suit
- Dolfin FirstStrike tech suit
<–Scroll to view full table on mobile–>
|Budget Tech suit||Recommended swimming events||Material composition||Our rating||View latest price on SwimOutlet|
|Jaked Jkeel||All events||N/A||10/10||>View price|
|Finis Fuse||All events||71% polyamide, 29% elastane||9/10||>View price|
|Arena R-Evo One||All events||78% polyamide, 22% elastane||8/10||>View price|
|TYR Tracer B-Series||All events||70% nylon, 30% lycra||8/10||>View price|
|Jaked Jktana||All events||48% polyamide, 40% elastane,12% polyester||8/10||>View price|
|Arena ST 2.0||All events||71% nylon, 29% lycra||7/10||>View price|
|Speedo Powerplus Prime||All events||71% nylon, 29% lycra||7/10||>View price|
|TYR Thresher Baja||All events||71% nylon, 29% lycra||7/10||>View price|
|Jaked Jalpha||All events||71% polyamide, 29% elastane||7/10||>View price|
|Dolfin Firststrike||All events||71% nylon, 29% lycra||7/10||>View price|
1. Jaked Jkeel tech suit
The Jaked Jkeel tech suit is designed to give you an edge and enhance your potential on race day. The suit is loaded with advanced and innovative features, while still providing some comfort to your bankaccount.
The Jkeel tech suit is built using an innovative 3D design, the suit is manufactured from high tenacity fibers and finished off with plasma treatments for a highly water-resistant and sleek design.
In my opinion, the Jaked Jkeel has some of the best water-repellency of any budget tech suit out there, it contains a double-layer of fluorocarbon resin to achieve this.
All in all, the Jaked Jkeel is an awesome tech suit with a ton of performance features built into its design. Additionally, the suit comes in at a good price point, the price is slightly higher than some of the other suits on our list, but it’s totally worth it when you look at all of the features you are getting with this suit.
Here are some features of the Jaked Jkeel tech suit-
- The Jaked Jkeel tech suit uses an advanced plasma process to create an effective layer of water-resistant film that is very thin. This helps to reduce your drag in the water.
- Ergonomic design improves the fit of the suit, while allowing for maximum muscular compression and a full range of motion while swimming, resulting in maximal power generation with every pull and kick you give.
- Contains exclusive FlexStripes strap compensation system for a comfortable fit.
- Specially designed drawstring tunnel allows you to adjust the tightness of the suit without the risk of tearing the fabric, resulting in a durable suit that will stand the test of time.
- High-quality fabric designed by J Lab, the suit is constructed using ultrasound and heat welding processes, along with the use of taped seams for increased mechanical capacity.
- 3D construction with an additional double-layer of fluorocarbon resin allows high water-repellency to reduce your drag and improve your body position while racing.
- The suit has an affordable price to save you money.
- The logo on the suit is quite large.
2. Finis Fuse tech suit
Personally, I am a big fan of the Finis Fuse tech suit, budget suit or not. This is a great starter tech suit packed with a wide range of advanced features allowing for superior performance in the water.
The suit’s design provides high levels of muscle compression, big reductions in drag while swimming, and a flexible design allowing for optimal range of motion in the water. Additionally, the suit is constructed from lightweight and durable fabrics.
Overall, the Finis Fuse tech suit is a great suit loaded with a lot of awesome performance-enhancing features. The suit also comes in at a really nice and affordable price range.
Here are some features of the Finis Fuse tech suit-
- The suit contains flexible muscle compression to allow for increased blood flow and a full range of motion while swimming which will help you to swim as fast as possible and crush your best times.
- Welded seam technology in the suit incorporates bonded seams with a double panel construction to reduce your drag in the water.
- The Finis Fuse tech suit is designed to repel water effectively in order to reduce drag and turbulence while swimming so that you can swim as fast as possible and get that qualifying time.
- Optimal compression technology in the suit allows for high-levels of muscle compression with resilient elasticity built-in so that you’ll never feel restricted.
- The Finis Fuse tech suit has a versatile fit with its bonded seams and durable features allowing it to be used for any swimming event.
- Silicone watertight edges allow for a comfortable and secure grip while wearing.
- Quality fabric with a material composition of 71% polyamide and 29% elastane allows for a durable suit.
- It comes in at an affordable and budget price point to save you some money.
- The suit doesn’t come with a carry pouch
3. Arena R-Evo One tech suit
Next we have the Arena R-Evo One tech suit. The R-Evo One is a great budget tech suit with a lot of good features built into its design. The suit was released by Arena a while back, but it still lives up to its name by bringing some good performance benefits to the table.
The suit is quite comfortable and has a lightweight and flexible design to avoid slowing you down in any way possible while swimming. The single-fabric construction of the suit reduces drag and improves range of motion in the water. The suit also has good water-repellency and muscle compression.
All in all, the Arena R-Evo One is an awesome tech suit coming in at an affordable price point. It packs some solid features in its design and will fit all of your swimming needs.
Here are some features of the Arena R-Evo One tech suit-
- The Arena R-Evo One is constructed with a single fabric design and has a single bonded seam at the back, eliminating the traditional side and upper-body seams. This allows for increased range of motion and comfort while swimming as well as lower drag when you are racing.
- Fine-thread and high-density weave of the fabric allows for advanced hydrodynamics resulting in enhanced compression, reduced water absorption and decreased drag helping you to claim those gold medals.
- Lightweight and flexible design with a material composition of 78% polyamide and 22% elastane keeps you agile in the water and allows for a durable suit.
- The design of the suit makes it easy to get on and off and allows for a comfortable and compressive fit so that you won’t feel restricted.
- Affordable budget price saves you money.
- The compression in the suit is slightly lower than some of the other suits.
4. TYR Tracer B Series tech suit
Jumping straight to our fourth budget tech suit, we have the TYR Tracer B Series suit. This is another excellent tech suit coming in at an affordable and budget price while still packing some impressive features in its design.
The TYR Tracer B Series tech suit has a compressive and comfortable fit. Its design decreases drag and enhances blood flow to important muscle groups. The seams on the suit are also designed for reduced resistance and enhanced muscular stability.
Overall, the TYR Tracer B Series tech suit is a great option. It is loaded with good performance-enhancing features and comes in at a relatively good and affordable price range.
Here are some features of the TYR-Tracer B Series tech suit-
- The suit is designed with a five-piece muscle mapped pattern following the natural contours of the body. This allows for optimal muscle compression and freedom of movement while swimming so that you will be able to swim as fast as possible.
- Four-way lock seams in the core area increase abdominal stability so that you can maintain perfect technique and optimal speed until the very end of your race.
- The design of the suit allows for decreased body circumference and helps to increase blood flow to critical muscle groups allowing for faster oxygen replenishment in a race which will result in decreased fatigue and faster swimming.
- The seams are micro taped for decreased drag to maximize your speed.
- Compressive and comfortable fit with a material composition of 70% nylon and 30% lycra.
- Comes in at an affordable price point to save you money.
- Compression slightly lacks, but still suffices.
5. Jaked Jkatana tech suit
Moving on, we have another tech suit from Jaked, this time the Jaked Jkatana tech suit. The Jkatana tech suit was designed with speed and performance in mind. It packs a bunch of awesome features in its design and comes in at a budget, but slightly higher price point.
The Jaked Jkatana is designed to reduce drag and stroke turbulence. The suit allows for optimal range of motion while swimming and contains custom muscular compression. Additionally, swimmers won’t have any problems with water-repellency since the suit contains water-repellent technology.
All in all, the Jaked Jkatana tech suit is an excellent tech suit for dominating your swimming races. It does, unfortunately, come in at a slightly higher price point than some of the other suits, but then again it has a huge range of features and the price is still completely affordable.
Here are some features of the Jaked Jkatana-
- Ultra-lightweight design with pure 2-way stretch textile fibers to create a tech suit with minimal stitching, maximum comfort, and reduced drag while swimming.
- The fabric allows for maximum stretching to increase range of motion and maintains superior comfort while wearing the suit.
- Custom compression designed to the style and cut of the fabric.
- Side seams are removed to reduce your drag in the water.
- Premium welded waistband allows for maximum comfort and reduced water ingress.
- The suit is designed to minimize drag in the water while drastically reducing your stroke turbulence and allowing for perfect technique and maximal speed.
- High-quality water-repellent technology allows for maximum water repellent interaction between the suit and the water to reduce your drag as much as possible.
- Material composition of 48% polyamide, 40% elastane and 12% polyester.
- The budget price point saves you some money.
- Price point a bit higher than some of the other suits.
6. Arena ST 2.0 tech suit
Next on our list is the Arena ST 2.0 tech suit. The ST 2.0 tech suit absolutely screams budget when you look at its price. Yet, Arena still managed to deliver a decent suit with some elite features.
The Arena ST 2.0 will provide you with adequate amounts of muscular compression and has a light-weight design. The suit is very flexible and won’t restrict your movement patterns whatsoever.
Overall, the Arena ST 2.0 tech suit is a great budget tech suit coming in at a very affordable price. The suit definitely doesn’t feel cheap and has some good features. On the other hand, if you are looking for a more feature-loaded suit, you are going to have to spend slightly more.
Here are some features of Arena ST 2.0-
- The Arena ST 2.0 offers good muscle compression allowing for increased blood flow to muscle tissues while racing so that you can power to first place.
- Relatively light-weight and comfortable design with a material composition of 71% Nylon and 29% lycra keeps you light and agile while racing.
- The Arena ST 2.0 allows for complete freedom of movement so that you can generate maximal power with every pull and kick.
- Ergonomic design allows the suit to offer enhanced muscular support, stability, and comfort while racing so that you can maintain perfect technique and optimal speed until the end of your race.
- It comes in at a low and budget price to save you money.
- Durability of the suit not the best, but it’ll last you at least a season before loosening up.
7. Speedo PowerPlus Prime tech suit
The Speedo PowerPlus Prime tech suit is a quality engineered tech suit coming in at a budget price point. The suit packs an impressive set of features and has a solid design.
The Powerplus prime tech suit has quality muscle compression built-in. This allows for increased blood flow and improved stability. The design is light-weight, the fabric is durable and the leg bands are designed for a secure fit.
All in all, the Speedo PowerPlus Prime tech suit is a solid racing suit coming in at a good price and loaded with some excellent performance-enhancing features.
Here are some features of the Speedo PowerPlus Prime tech suit-
- The design contains a 2-way stretch fabric renowned for excellent shape retention and muscle stabilizing compression to help you maintain speed until the end of your race and claim gold.
- Seam bonded outer and inner fabrics create a secure feel while providing adequate amounts of muscle compression to ensure optimized blood circulation.
- Lightweight design with a material composition of 71% nylon and 29% lycra keeps you agile in the water.
- Taped leg openings ensure a secure and compressive fit allowing the suit to stay in place during fast swims.
- Engineered back seams stabilize leg muscles during each start, turn and kick to allow for powerful dives and push-offs.
- Affordable budget price point saves you money.
- Durability not the best out of all the suits.
8. TYR Thresher Baja tech suit
Moving on, we have the TYR Thresher tech suit. This is another awesome racing suit with some good features and an affordable price point.
The Thresher tech suit contains an advanced level of muscle compression to keep you stabilized and efficient while swimming. The hydrophobic fibers ensure water-repellency and enhance your speed and sleekness in the water. Other features include reduced drag, a lightweight fit, and tight design.
Overall, the TYR Thresher tech suit is a solid option for anyone looking for a good budget tech suit with some funky patterns thrown all over.
Here are some features of the TYR Thresher Baja tech suit-
- The suit is designed with hydrophobic fiber to ensure that water doesn’t repel the fabric and increase your drag while swimming.
- Construction of the TYR Thresher maximizes swimming performances and reduces resistance in the water allowing you to swim as fast as possible.
- Advanced muscle compression assists in maximizing core stabilization and muscular support to help you swim as fast as possible while maintaining speed when fatigued.
- Tight fit and lightweight design with a material composition of 71% nylon and 29% lycra keep you agile and compressed.
- Affordable budget price saves you money.
- Water repellency lacks a bit.
9. Jaked Jalpha
As we are nearing the end of our list of budget racing suits, we have the Jaked Jalpha tech suit. The Jalpha suit is constructed for minimal resistance while packing some good performance grade features.
The Jaked Jalpha suit has a lightweight design and ultra-flatlock seams for reduced drag and increased muscular compression. The suit features a comfortable fit and contains durable and hydrophobic fabric.
All in all, the Jaked Jalpha suit has some good features while presenting a performance-optimized design and coming in at an affordable and budget price.
Here are some features of the Jaked Jalpha tech suit-
- Fabric has a durable design and contains hydrophobic treatment for water-repellency to ensure lower drag when you are racing.
- The suit has a comfortable and compressive fit allowing it to be used for any event.
- 4 Needle ultra flatlock seams reduce resistance and increase muscle compression to maximize your performance in the water.
- Lightweight design with a material composition of 71% polyamide and 29% elastane keeps you agile and fast.
- The suit has a budget and affordable price range to save you some money.
- Size chart is a bit off.
10. Dolfin FirstStrike tech suit
And last but not least, we have the Dolfin FirstStrike tech suit. This suit really impressed me in terms of features when I took a look at its price. It packs some nice performance benefits at a low price range.
The Dolfin FirstStrike racing suit has a durable design with a chlorine and piling resistant fabric. The suit is also quite lightweight and has good water-repellency. Additionally, the FirstStrike tech suit features zoned muscle control by incorporating a 3D bitmapped design.
Overall, the Dolfin FirstStrike tech suit definitely isn’t bad when considering its low price point. The suit packs some nice features and will certainly suffice as a budget racing suit.
Here are some features of the Dolfin FirstStrike tech suit-
- The suit has zoned muscle control and energy return technology by utilizing a bitmapped 3D design structure to maximize your speed.
- Strong and durable fabric allowing for a lightweight racing silhouette in the water.
- Water-repellent and quick dry fabric with a material composition of 71% nylon and 29% lycra reduces your drag and keeps you agile while racing.
- Engineered flat-lock seams and low profile design for reduced drag in the water.
- Chlorine and pilling resistant fabric allows for a durable tech suit that will last a long time.
- Approved for under 12 age group swimmers.
- Great budget price point.
Didn’t quite find what you were looking for? Consider checking out some of our other tech suit articles-
It is clear that tech suits can enhance swimming performances in the pool. These suits are designed for speed and reduced drag while swimming. Unfortunately, many of the high-end suits do come in at high prices, but at the same time, you can also get some great performance benefits from budget tech suits.
In my opinion, some of the budget tech suits on this list even outperform the high-end suits in certain aspects. But at the end of the day it comes down to getting a good suit at a good price and that is what these suits offer.
More related swimming articles-
Sources in this article-
Source 1– Journal of Sports Biomechanics
Source 2– Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Rouen