Are you are planning on hitting the pool this summer? Or maybe you are going on a team or family trip to the local lake for a couple of open water swims? If so, you probably want to protect your eyes and maximize your vision while swimming for the ultimate training or racing experience.
Trying to swim and see underwater is very difficult, not to even mention how much of a nuisance the sun can be if you are swimming backstroke or breathing to the sunny side of the pool or lake. Additionally, pool water and even freshwater can make your eyes burn. To prevent this issue you should consider investing in a solid pair of outdoor swimming goggles.
Today we’re going to take a look and compare some of the best outdoor swimming goggles on the market. So without further delay let’s get started!
10 Best goggles for swimming outdoors:
Here are the 10 best goggles for swimming outdoors-
- Michael Phelps MP Xceed swimming goggles
- HUUB Aphotic swim goggles
- Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 mirrored goggles
- Aquasphere Kayenne Polarized goggles
- Blueseventy Hydra Vision Polarized goggles
- TYR Sport Special Ops 2.0 polarized swimming goggles
- Blueseventy contour goggles
- Roka R1 swimming goggles
- Arena The One swimming goggles
- Blueseventy NR2 swimming goggles
<–Scroll to view full table on mobile–>
|Outdoor goggles||Lenses||UV Protection||Our Rating||View latest price|
|Michael Phelps MP Xceed goggles||Mirrored||Yes||10/10||>View on SwimOutlet|
|HUUB Aphotic goggles||Photochromatic||Yes||10/10||>View on Amazon|
|Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 goggles||Mirrored||Yes||9/10||>View on SwimOutlet|
|Aquasphere Kayenne goggles||Polarized||Yes||9/10||>View on SwimOutlet|
|Blueseventy Hydra Vision goggles||Polarized||Yes||9/10||>View on SwimOutlet|
|TYR Sport Special Ops 2.0 goggles||Polarized||Yes||9/10||>View on SwimOutlet|
|Blueseventy Contour goggles||Polarized||Yes||8/10||>View on SwimOutlet|
|Roka R1 swim goggles||Polarized||Yes||8/10||>View on Amazon|
|Arena The One goggles||Polarized||Yes||8/10||>View on SwimOutlet|
|Blueseventy NR2 goggles||Mirrored||Yes||8/10||>View on SwimOutlet|
1. Michael Phelps MP Xceed Goggles
The Michael Phelps MP Xceed Goggles are a premium set of swimming goggles made to fit tightly and comfortably around the eyes. The ultra-soft Softeril gasket forms a tight seal around the eyes giving you maximum protection while in the water.
The goggles have been designed with a semi-rigid exoskeleton that is both strong and durable. This adds to the stability of the goggles which helps keep them comfortably molded to your face while you swim.
These high-quality and durable goggles are made from two different materials for excellent performance in the water. The lenses of the goggles feature a wide design so that swimmers can view the sides of the pool or their competitor, without giving away their head position.
The goggles are made with competitive swimmers in mind. However, a casual swimmer will get a lot of use out of them. Personally, I really like to train with these goggles since they fit really comfortably, I should also mention that I train mostly outdoors and the mirrored and tinted versions of these goggles keep my eyes protected from the bright sun on those summer days.
All in all, the MP Xceed goggles are perfect for any type of outdoor swimming, whether you train or race in an outdoor pool or want to go for an open water swim.
- Can handle the pressures of competition swimming.
- Seals tightly and comfortably around your face.
- Has wide lenses that allow for maximum peripheral vision in the water.
- Designed from durable materials.
- Maybe a bit pricey for some swimmers.
2. HUUB Aphotic Swim Goggles
The Huub Aphotic Swim Goggles are made to fit perfectly on your face. The goggles are made of dense silicone and TPR. This makes them very light and comfortable, and you’ll hardly feel them while swimming.
The photochromatic technology allows the goggle lenses to change from darker to lighter based on the light levels around you, making them self-regulating. This technology is really awesome for outdoor swimming since you’ll never have to worry about the sun disrupting your vision as you swim.
It also helps you see better under the water so that you can time your turns perfectly, swim in a straight line, work on tiny details in your stroke, and avoid obstacles or other swimmers.
Overall, the HUUB Aphotic swimming goggles are a solid pair of goggles with some nice features and a durable and comfortable design built to provide you with optimal performance in the water while you’re training or racing.
- They feel very light and comfortable.
- Will allow you to see obstacles under the water.
- It comes with photochromatic technology that is self-regulating and will adjust based on the light levels outside.
- Peripheral vision isn’t as wide as some other goggles.
3. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swim Goggles
The Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swim Goggles are one of the most popular and functional pairs of swimming goggles. The design is lightweight and high-quality and they come with anti-fog technology to ensure that your vision doesn’t get disrupted when you swim.
The lenses provide UV protection and they are mirrored to reduce glare from the sun while swimming. This makes them ideal for wearing outdoors since your vision will never be disrupted. The lenses are wide giving you a better field of vision while in the water.
Comfortable silicone seals helps to keep the water out while providing a secure fit. The goggles also come with the standard goggle package of four nose piece options allowing you to customize your fit.
- They will protect you from the sun’s harmful rays.
- It comes with mirrored lenses that reduce glare.
- They are perfect for wearing outdoors.
- They provide you with a wide field of vision while swimming.
- Low price point for a great goggle.
- The nose bridge can break easily, luckily you get 4 pairs.
4. Aquasphere Kayenne Polarized Goggles
The Aquasphere Kayenne Polarized Goggles are made for durability, dependability, and performance. They come with curved lens technology that is perfect for outdoor and competitive swimming. The lenses are clear which transmits natural light giving you better vision in low-light conditions.
Made from silicone these goggles are very comfortable to wear and provides a tight fit. They have a stabilizing nose bridge that helps keep them safely on your face. In addition to the nose bridge, the goggles come complete with Advanced Fit Technology that keeps them from shifting while you are in the water.
These goggles also come with both UV protection and anti-fog technology, which makes them perfect for wearing outdoors. All in all, a nice pair of goggles with some good features and a solid design.
- UV and fog protection.
- Advanced Fit Technology allows the goggles to stay in place while you swim.
- They are made from silicone for maximum comfort.
- Has wide lenses for better side vision.
- May leak if not fitted properly.
5. Blueseventy Hydra Vision Polarized Goggles
Designed for open water swimming, the Blueseventy Hydra Vision Polarized Goggles are great for the outdoors. These goggles have a low profile, which gives them a tight and secure fit each and every time you put them on for a swim.
They have a uni-body nose bridge that lets the goggles sit closer on the face for better hydrodynamics. Anti-fog protection will also keep these goggles clear during your time in the water. While the curved lenses provide you with a wide range of view while swimming.
The goggles are lightweight and are made from HDR TPR frame material, making the goggles comfortable and easy to wear. All in all, I think the Blueseventy Hydra Vision goggles are a great pair of goggles for swimming outdoors, and I certainly wouldn’t limit them to just open water swimming. These will also serve as a great pair of goggles if you are swimming in a lap pool.
- Comes with HDR TPR for more comfort.
- Has anti-fog protection.
- Utilizes a uni-body nose bridge for a tighter fit.
- Has curved lenses for better side vision.
- Great for both indoor and outdoor swimming.
- On the higher side of pricing.
6. TYR Sport Special Ops 2.0 Polarized Swimming Goggles
The TYR Sport Special Ops 2.0 Polarized Swimming Goggles are made from 100% silicone and are highly comfortable. They have anti-fog protection embedded into the lenses, giving you a clearer vision for longer.
The goggles come with a tight-fitting gasket that helps keep the water out while providing a comfortable fit. The lenses are slightly curved which gives you plenty of all-around vision while swimming.
They are made for professional as well as casual swimmers and are made from high-quality materials that will stand the test of time. Overall, a really nice pair of outdoor swimming goggles thanks to the way they are constructed and the polarized lenses which will protect your eyes on those sunny days.
- Made from comfortable silicone.
- Has a tight-sealing gasket that won’t come off easily.
- It comes with anti-fog coating on the lenses.
- Has great peripheral vision.
- The strap is basic in design.
7. Blueseventy Contour Goggles
The Blueseventy Contour Goggles is made with Soft Frame Technology which makes them very comfortable. They have low-profile lenses that aid in better hydrodynamics, which in return reduces your drag in the water.
The goggles have anti-fog protection for better vision both in and out of the water. And they also come with 4 interchangeable nose bridges that will allow you a perfect fit every time you jump in the water for another killer workout or race.
The Blueseventy Contour goggles feature low-drag silicone straps that let you adjust your goggles for better comfort and a secure fit while swimming.
Designed to be used in pools and outdoor open water swims, these goggles are great for casual swimmers as well as professionals.
- It comes with anti-fog protection for better underwater vision.
- Has adjustable low-drag silicone straps.
- It comes with 4 interchangeable nose bridges.
- Has Soft Frame Technology for better comfort.
- On the pricy side.
8. Roka R1 Swimming Goggles
The Roka R1 Swimming Goggles have amazing optics. They come with a pair of premium grade lenses that have a hard coating, which prevents any scratching from occurring and keeps the goggles usable over a long period of time.
The lenses are also coated with anti-fog protection for amazing vision under the water. Additionally, they have a third hydrophobic coating which helps to improve hydrodynamics while you are swimming.
The Goggles also feature a hypo-allergenic gasket that keeps water out and provides you with a comfortable and secure fit. A uni-body semi-rigid nose bridge comes standard with this product.
Overall, this is a really solid pair of outdoor swimming goggles. The great optics provided by the lenses will ensure that you always have a great vision while swimming outdoors, while the design of the goggle will ensure maximum comfort as well as a durable goggle that will last you a long time.
- Top of the line optics.
- Fog-resistant lens coating provides great underwater views.
- A tightly fitting hypo-allergenic gasket ensures maximum comfort and a secure fit.
- Great for professional and casual swimmers.
- They need to be cleaned every now and then.
9. Arena The One Swimming Goggles
The goggles have a customized gasket that is made from silicone. The gasket provides a tight fit and helps to prevent leakage while you swim.
Designed to outlast the elements, the goggles are made from hard polycarbonate material. A comfortable silicone strap is also included to provide a secure fit.
These goggles are designed to be worn in both pool environments and open water, making them perfect for outdoor swimming.
- Super-strong and highly durable.
- It comes with a customized gasket for a tight fit.
- It has mirrored lenses that reduce glare.
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use.
- Adjusting the one sized fits all strap can be a bit difficult.
10. Blueseventy NR2 Swimming Goggles
The goggles have a lightweight frame that won’t slow you down in the water and will ensure a comfortable training and racing experience. The lenses are fog and scratch-resistant, which will ensure that you have perfect vision while swimming.
The Blueseventy NR2 goggles also come with 3 interchangeable nose bridges for maximum customization, while the silicone strap helps keep the goggles safely on your face at all times.
- Lightweight and won’t slow you down.
- They have a low-profile which is great for competition swimming.
- It comes with 3 interchangeable nose bridges for customization.
- Some swimmers have a difficult time fitting the nose bridges.
As you can see, each of these goggles offers something a little different. But all of them provide you with great features designed to enhance your outdoor swimming experience.
If you are in the market for some great outdoor swimming goggles, why not check out a few of these? You just might fall in love with one of them if you do! Or if you didn’t find what you are looking for why don’t your consider checking out our article on the best swimming goggles for laps by clicking here.